National Governors Association, the bi-partisan organization of the nation’s governors, is hiring an NGA Scholar for a summer internship for a student in a graduate program beginning in June 2013 and ending in August 2013.
The intern will participate in the ongoing activities of the Division which include research, writing for NGA’s weekly newsletter, drafting policy papers and issue briefs, planning meetings and webinars, and participating on project teams to provide technical assistance to state policymakers. Additionally, the intern will work with the EHSW staff to develop a dedicated research project, based on the interest/experience of the intern and the division’s research needs.
Possible projects include:
• Veterans Licensing and Credentialing: Research and writing on state policies and programs to reduce barriers to veterans’ employment by addressing gaps between military training and civilian credentialing.
• Reducing Child Hunger: Research and writing on state policies and practices to reduce childhood hunger and obesity such as increasing participation in child nutrition programs and state-wide multi-stakeholder initiatives to reduce child hunger.
• Foster Care: Assist in writing a report on effective state strategies to reduce the number of adolescents in foster care.
• Recovery Act Green Jobs Training Fund Grantees: Assist in researching and preparing short fact sheets on grantee best practices and assisting with the process evaluation for the GJIF grantees.
• Workforce Development TA: Assist in surveying states on workforce system structure, innovative initiatives, and summarizing specific state inquiries.
•Advanced Manufacturing: Research and writing on state policies and best practice models for supporting advanced manufacturing.
•Innovation Hubs: States are increasingly focused on developing innovation hubs. An intern can assist in surveying the states to identify the various approaches and identifying emerging lessons learned.
At least one year of graduate level studies in public policy or a related field.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform background checks.
National Governors Association - 18 months ago