This position will be located in Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT and will be responsible for managing the negotiation and administration of gas liquids sales contracts for a regional area or a group of customer accounts. Typically, involved in identifying and developing new market prospects. Monitors and updates performance data on a monthly basis. Develops, maintains, and enhances computer models to ensure efficient and consistent analytical methods utilized in project evaluations and other administrative reporting requirements.
This position will support QEP Field Services and will be recognized within the company (across multiple disciplines) as a commercial expert possessing specialized knowledge to deliver complex contracting requirements to the business. The individual will provide a variety of negotiation and administrative services related to complex gas processing/gathering/treating agreements and commercial consultation to division and region management in all aspects of midstream infrastructure and marketing activities.
- Exhibits a customer service focus that enables internal customers to succeed in a manner that meets the company's risk profile and protects its interest.
- Provides significant insight and creative solutions/alternatives to meet internal customer requirements.
- Support the business' tactical and strategic contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with Legal and the businesses to ensure that all contracts properly represent the company's financial and risk profile tolerances.
- Mentors the Contracts, Scheduling and Administration staff to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Facilitates contract compliance by insuring proper communication of requirements.
- Advises businesses on contract adherence to company requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline with a minimum of five years of broad and increasingly more difficult experience encompassing midstream gas liquid contracts for the Oil and Gas industry (an MBA is desired but not required).
- Excellent understanding of midstream gas liquid contracts, including transportation and fractionation contracts.
- Strong understanding of indemnity structures utilized in and the interrelated aspects of oil and gas contracts.
- Strong general business and contract writing skill level as well as understanding the more specialized language of the petroleum industry.
- Strong experience negotiating complex terms and conditions, and incentives for contracts with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex contractual issues.
QEP Resources, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Duke Energy Field Services (DEFS) is a midstream energy company that gathers, processes, transports,...