An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc, National Government Services (NGS) is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
Developer II or senior level may be hired at either level depending on skills and experience. Open to Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Harrisburg, Syracuse or Louisville locations
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining moderately complex to complex Information Systems components that support business operations. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
> Programming Technologies: VB.NET & C# for .NET 2.0 or higher (3.5 preferred), WPF/XAML, WCF, LINQ, Java, Visual Basic 6, ASP.NET, Legacy ASP, SOAP, XML, ADO, DAO, C++, Iron Python, and Perl.
- Writes source code, adapts existing components, compiles, links and tests the developed components as units creating test stubs and test data as necessary
- Fixes defects identified during unit testing and re-execute unit tests to verify the expected behavior
- Performs analysis and conceptual design on moderate to complex system components
- Ensures design meets performance, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements in addition to the functional requirements...
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems. Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
> Programming Types: Client/Server, n-tier, Windows services, web services, SOA, multi-threaded, and web based.
> Database Technologies: Design, management and tuning for SQL Server (thru 2008), SQL Server Compact and Mobile editions, and Oracle. Experienced with SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL query languages.
> Tools: Rational Tool Suite (Clear Case, Clear Quest), MS Office products including Access Desired
BA/BS degree or technical institute training; 3+ years experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support. Excellent analytical, PC and problem solving skills required. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers. EOE
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
- WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
IT Security Analyst Aud...
Data Admin Analyst Sr -...
Infrastructure Svcs Eng...
Info Security Advisor -...
Information Technology ...
WellPoint - 8 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...