Posting Title |
NICIRA FEDERAL AND PUBLIC SECTOR SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Nicira, part of the VMware (NYSE: VMW) family, brings incredible, new features and capabilities to the VMware virtual networking portfolio. Our products, technology and team, combined with the existing network and security solutions at VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, form one of the fundamental building blocks in the Software-Defined Datacenter Strategy at VMware. Innovative companies such as AT&T, DreamHost, eBay, NTT and Rackspace use our products to accelerate service delivery from weeks to minutes, transforming their cloud data center operations and economics. Be an integral part of the future of the software-defined datacenter, learn more at www.nicira.com and join our team today!
The Federal and Public Sector Sr. Account Executive is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with Nicira's/VMware’s internal and external sales team. This extended team is driven to a common goal within a set number of named accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of all named accounts to ensure the Nicira/VMware foothold across the entire segment. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
- Responsible for selling NICIRA Named Accounts
- Drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the account team
- Adopt account portfolio sales strategy leveraging partners
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Drive virtualization adoption and identify new opportunities in Tier 1 accounts
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate Nicira/VMware to a more strategic position
- Match the Nicira solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- 6+ years of experience in related software industry
- Experience selling into the Federal and Public Sector
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
Top Secret/SCI security clearance preferred
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
Estimated travel of between 30% - 50%
Reston, VA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 30+ days ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...