The NMS Senior Technical Project Manager reports to the NMS Service Assurance Senior Manager within the Client Communications OSS Application Development organization. Prospective candidates will manage multiple engineering projects in accordance with Client Communications project management methodologies (Enterprise Project Management (EPM) and Assured 2.0). NMS Project Managers will plan, organize, direct, control and review the project team work efforts either directly or in conjunction with NMS Managers. The project managers will also work with the Client Communications Product Management customers and ensure they are prepared for each EPM Gate review. Finally, the Project Managers will produce project management artifacts and manage the project archive of documents and plans and present project approach, status, budget, issues and risks to the Assured Review Boards.
Manages the development and implementation of projects/programs requiring technical experience &/or education (IT/Engineering) to meet business process initiatives, process improvement, product launches, other strategies and objectives. NMS Senior Technical Project Manager analyzes existing project management methods to promote effective operations through standardization, process improvement, and/or process simplification. Conducts risk assessments, facilitates communication across operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined project methodologies, processes and/or implementation. At an operational level, they can conduct technical process analysis ensuring the proper management and implementation of changes to the production environment.
1-Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers.
2-Initiates, plans, executes, and controls project efforts that utilize Application Development and Client Communications technological solutions (e.g., PPM Tool, SharePoint, etc…)
3-Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
4-Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
5-Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
6-Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle using the standard Client Communications / Application Development status reporting process and formats.
7-Identifies and gains allocation of project team resources; obtains business and information technology sponsor approvals; and coordinates the resources necessary to successfully complete the project
8-Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; maintaining a project Risk and Issue log throughout the life of the project.
9-Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes
10-Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives. Documents applicable change control procedures.
11-Evaluates the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation;
12-Contributes to implementation success and technical system stability by using change methodologies that assure the reliability of business and operations information management systems;
13-Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support stable change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, validating production readiness, and communicating implementation status.
14-Creates and applies project control techniques that reduce risk from changing technological infrastructure, hardware, automations, systems software, or applications systems
15-Reports and communicates project status, meeting minutes, Risk and Issues to the project team, direct management, senior Application Development management and key stakeholders.
16-Planning of resources for tasks, allocation, estimation, & scheduling
17-Projects typically span across organizations (depts.) but may also directly affect business unit and/or entire company
18-Budget management typically includes costing & tracking of status and resolving cost issues and is required to be managed on a monthly basis with Finance and integrated into the standard Application Development status report.
19-The Project Manager is fully accountable for the planning of resources for tasks, allocation, estimation, scheduling of work efforts and risk management
• Requires BS/BA in related discipline (i.e., Business Management, Computer Sciences, Project Management), and 4 to 7 years of experience in related field (i.e., Network Engineering), OR MS/MA and 4 to 7 years of experience in related field. Will consider ADDITIONAL industry experience in lieu of degree.
• These requirements will be the basis of someone meeting the minimum qualifications or being rejected from moving forward in the recruitment process.
• 4 to 7 years of experience with system implementation planning and execution.
• 4 to 7 years of experience in process development in support of system implementations or system upgrades.
• 4 to 7 years of experience in the design, development and implementation of disaster recovery processes.
• 4 to 7 years of experience in managing 3rd Party Vendors supporting system implementations and system upgrades.
• 4 to 7 years of experience in software release management
• 4 to 7 years of experience with Microsoft Excel, needs to be at an expert level with this tool
• 4 to 7 years of experience with OBIEE, data extraction from UET to support the NMS reporting effort
• Masters Degree or Masters Certificates
• Client Video Engineering system deployment experience.
• Six Sigma Certification (green or black)
• Familiarity with Client Unified Portfolio Framework