Monitor network traffic, serve as primary point of contact for problem escalation for resolution, and provide service and technical support in a â€œHelp Deskâ€ environment. Field phone calls from on-line customers requesting assistance with initial installs; troubleshoot HW/SW issues for existing clients.
- Monitoring of all aspects of network including Servers, DSL lines, T-1 lines & Web sites. Monitoring of AS/400 Systems, particularly memory and disk usage, plus performing backups and restores on AS/400 Systems.
Handle a large number of technical calls from Internet customers as well as internal employees. Calls include requests for new Internet accounts and initial set up assistance; requests to change passwords; resolution of e-mail problems; research inoperative connections; resolve networking and browser configuration problems; assist with desktop PC HW/SW problems.
Specification, ordering, and installation of Program Temporary Fixes (PTF's)
Field phone calls from on-line customers requesting assistance with initial equipment installations; troubleshoot HW/SW issues and exercise discretion and independent judgment in resolving mission critical customer issues, making administrative changes to live systems that effect email, DNS, etc.and could have a material impact on customers business operations.
Travel to customer sites as necessary.
Compiles, and where required, maintain activity reports.
Undertake Special Projects and perform side duties as required.
- Customer oriented, with a desire to resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction while maintaining focus on productivity, efficiency and quality
- Hands on server experience
- Data Center/Call Center experience preferred
- Adaptable, flexible, patient and professional even under tense customer situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced often high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication, and verbal skills
- Good data entry skills
- 1 – 3 years related technician experience
- AAS degree or Technical School
- A+ certificate and Network + certificate desirable
Leadership – Ability to participate in problem resolution. Quick to learn and take charge. A self-starter committed to finding creative solutions to difficult problems. Ability to work in team environment.
Management of Resources - Will organize, prioritize and manage work under deadlines.
Business Knowledge – Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills using knowledge, experience and understanding of basic internet concepts.
Communication skills – Excellent verbal and written skills. Will handle sensitive and proprietary information with complete confidentiality.
Must be able to Multi-task
Must be Self-Motivated / Enthusiastic / Strong Work Ethic