IP NOC Engineer II - Responsible for Tier II support of client Ethernet network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project support of Ethernet services. These would include NOC acceptance process, commissioning support, provisioning support & testing support.
- Customer/Core Network support (IP/Ethernet). Troubleshoot, isolate and fix IP/Ethernet troubles. Communicate with customers during and after course of troubleshooting. Support Layer 2 services (e-line, e-LAN), Internet services (DIA) (to include BGP support), and Core network.
- OAMP support (network/system applications). Troubleshoot, isolate and fix OAMP troubles/issues. Examples of such issues would be Network Element (NE) visibility issues (SONET/Ethernet IP), assist in visibility portion of the NE insertion to the network, and provide support to NOC monitoring applications.
- Identify network faults in a proactive approach and modify incident tickets.
- Must be proficient with a majority of equipment consisting of Alcatel MPLS platform (7x50, T5C), Juniper (M10, M7i, M120, NetScreen firewall), Nortel (BPS switch), Cisco (2600, 2800), Accedian (EtherNID, MetroNID), Sun Microsystems (Solaris, servers), HP (HPUX, servers).
- Must be proficient with the following technologies Ethernet, MPLS, BGP, OSPF and STP.
- Must be able to demonstrate industry expertise and show creativity in troubleshooting and resolving Ethernet issues where no precedence is set.
- Ability to reach across role boundaries in an effort to minimize negative impact on network
- Utilize management tools to assist in determination of events such as WhatsUpGold and Alcatel-SAM.
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Willing to be assigned on a rotating on call responsibility.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Successful candidate must be a self starter and demonstrate urgency and have a flexible approach to working hours and be willing to work a 4 day / night schedule.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, NOC experience and relevant industry knowledge. CCNA or similar type vendor certifications preferred, but not required.
AP Recruiters & Associates - 30+ days ago
- 1 day ago
- 12 days ago
- 30+ days ago
At AP Recruiters, we provide nationwide candidate searches to offer your company the maximum choice and flexibility. We take the time to dev...