This is technical work involving monitoring of production network, applications, and systems. An employee in this class maintains the highest level of system efficiency by ensuring that all service requirements are met. Monitors server backups and software updates over the network. Maintains all system documentation of current production systems.
This position reports to the Manager of the Network Operations Center and the work is evaluated based on the quality of results obtained, metrics, feedback from customers, and reports.
- Day to day systems management, administration, and monitoring.
- Oversees and maintains a high level of quality service and participates in monitoring and status reporting.
- Utilizes various network tools for monitoring and testing the network and its devices.
- Perform various tasks associated with migrating test applications to the production environment.
- Participates in data and physical integrity controls for NOC.
- Operates a variety of information processing tools and equipment.
- Generates documentation for all procedures in the NOC.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Knowledge of networks and TCP/IP
- Strong teamwork skills and a systems approach to technology support.
- High level of verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of operating systems.
- Ability to diagnose a networking failure that results in unavailable service to the customer and ability to take appropriate steps to correct them.
- Ability to deal courteously with all NOC customers.