NOC Lead Infrastructure Engineer-13003322
The NOC Lead Infrastructure Engineer in the Network Operations Team is part of the American Express Technology (AET) Infrastructure Services organization supporting the ongoing efforts to maintain the highest levels of availability and continuously improves the American Express network and voice infrastructure, availability and performance across our global network and voice infrastructure.
The Network Operations Team is looking for a NOC Lead Infrastructure Engineer with prior switching and routing troubleshooting skills to work on our world class network infrastructure.
Proven experience working in a 24X7 NOC environment and willing to work in shifts as needed.
This role will work a 1 week on-call shift every 8 weeks.
This role will be responsible for maintenance, support and troubleshooting of the American Express data networks that includes Data Centers, Campus LAN and global WAN networks.
In addition this role will perform daily monitoring and routine break-fix duties. May lead a small team of engineers. Define and track SLA metrics, develop and manage operational procedures, run books and work on the enhancement of network tools and monitoring systems. The Lead enables the technical delivery of a set of projects. Works with the application teams to design, manage the acquisition, installation and configuration of the network components of the solution, and manage the day-to-day operations of the local and deployed instances of the solution. Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to technical standards.
The NOC Lead Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the technical direction of Network Platforms within a portfolio, providing consulting expertise, leveraging business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver business value. Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the network infrastructure required to support the platform(s) or set of applications in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency. Works with Technical and Business Architects to ensure developments support the business and IT strategic plan.
Additionally this role will provide the following:
- Performs as a high-level, technical subject matter expert for the data center network infrastructure at American Express
- Has responsibility for the technical direction of the platform(s)/applications within the supported portfolio
- Works with architecture consultants to ensure Infrastructure build aligns to business and IT strategy
- Partners with the American Express Technology architecture teams in determining a practical adaptation of enterprise standards through informal feedback sessions
- Coaches and mentors less experienced colleagues as required
- Participates in relevant network communities
- Works with the Directors of Business and Technical Architecture to identify technical solutions and business process improvements in support of the business and IT strategic direction
- Reviews estimates for network equipment and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy
- Manages (monitors and addresses) third party work in terms of quality and adherence to standards
- Ensures accurate asset information is recorded/documented for the platform/application supported
Job: Amex Technologies
- 5+ years of experience in designing and supporting large scale datacenter networks is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of Networking
- Cisco certifications;CCNP and CCIE are a preferred
- Experience in people management
- Expert level knowledge in routing protocols like OSPF,EIGRP and BGP is required
- Expert level knowledge in switching technologies like Spanning tree, Port Channels, VPCs is required
- Expert level Knowledge of protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL is preferred
- Experience with routing and switching platforms like Cisco 6500, Cisco 4500, Cisco 7200, Cisco ASR 1000, Cisco Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000 and Nexus 2000
- Experience with F5 and Citrix Application delivery controllers
- Experience with Riverbed and Cisco Wan accelerators
- Preferred experience and / or knowledgeable of security infrastructure like Firewalls, IPSEC/SSL VPNs
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills is preferred
- Available to work a rotational shift Schedule:
Primary Location: US-North Carolina-Whitsett
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...