NOC Network Technician II
Mycroft is an IT Services Organization and the leader with providing Information Security, Identity Management and Application Security, and Security Compliance & Risk-Based Solutions. We offer a Full Lifecycle of services associated to the strategy, business process, design, development, implementation, support and management of identity management and security solutions.
And…Through our managed IT services, Mycroft monitors and manages critical enterprise IT infrastructure, including all or specific information security processes and applications, FSI business applications, Real-Time Networks & Business Applications, Servers, and Storage. Our managed services are provided as project consulting & integration or as multi-year agreements. Mycroft brings industry leading experience with managing high availability infrastructures, resulting from our engineering skills and experience with providing solutions to financial services & health care industry clients.
The Network Technician II serves in a lead role to ensure the proper monitoring, reporting, escalation, and resolution of problems identified by various diagnostic systems. This includes the interpretation of alarms on all network management systems, ensuring that proactive measures are taken to ensure network integrity. He/she monitors, tests, and analyzes network connectivity to ensure prompt, efficient, and complete diagnostic and corrective actions in support of the services being provided.
· Proactively monitors network systems and facilities to detect service degradation and/or failures in power, communications equipment, software, or circuits.
· Proactively monitors transport services such as Private Line, Frame Relay, ATM, Internet Access Services, Voice Services, etc. for availability, performance, degradations and/or failures.
· Responds to trouble calls in a timely and professional manner.
· Escalates network problems to appropriate vendors and/or internal personnel in accordance with department standards.
· Tests, analyzes, performs corrective actions and restores network equipment and services in a timely and accurate manner.
· Develops and improves documentation to enhance and support problems analysis and resolution.
· Performs trend analysis of systems and event logs to ensure optimal performance.
· Accurately reports and processes network problem information in the problem tracking system in accordance with department standards.
· Performs preventative maintenance tasks.
· Generates network performance reports as prescribed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related professional experience, CCNA certification a plus
· Knowledge of data communications, networking, telecommunications, fiber optic transmission, Internet and related industries
· Working knowledge of hardware/software used to identify, isolate, and capture the cause of service impacting problems
· Flexibility to work diverse schedules
· Ability to work effectively in mission-critical environment
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work closely with others/teamwork
· Ability to react quickly in crisis situation
· Skills that would be a plus include:
· Knowledgeable and capable of supporting and troubleshooting Carrier Transport Offerings
· Private Line (56Kb through DS3)
· Frame Relay
· Cisco Technology
· Routers (72xx, 36XX, 28XX Series Routers)
· Switches (35XX, 29XX, 6509)
· Knowledge of Firewalls and Security (plus)
· Cisco PIX, Checkpoint Firewalls
· Intrusion Detection
· Good understanding and working knowledge of IP address schemes
· Good understanding and working knowledge of routing protocols
· GP, EIGRP, etc.
· Shifts are 5 day shifts - 7/365/24.
· 2nd shift is 2pm-11pm
· 3rd shift is 10pm-6am
Mycroft, Inc. (www.mycroftinc.com) is widely regarded for its history of innovation in cyber security and IT governance services – configuring, delivering and managing Identity and Access Management, IT security and regulatory compliance solutions. Mycroft’s solutions integrate the company’s software and professional services expertise, and are available as enterprise implementations or private cloud-based managed services. Mycroft’s cloud-based security offerings further draw on the company’s heritage of innovation, providing the necessary abstraction layer required for the delivery of controls-compliant, rapidly deployable cloud-based services. Mycroft has service centers in New York, St Louis, Detroit, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Hyderabad.
Mycroft Offers Competitive Compensation and Robust Benefits Including:
• Insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability
• Paid Vacations & Holidays
• Flexible Spending Account Plans
• Competitive Wages and Outstanding Incentives
• 401K with Matching
• Growth & Training Opportunities
Mycroft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Mycroft - 21 months ago