We are the Datacenter Warriors that keep Synacor up and running. We take pride in uptime and dream nightly about building scalable systems! Using our unique technologies along with open source tools, we keep Synacor’s internal employees running strong and secure so they can support our clients.
We are currently seeking a NOC Operator for 3rd shift to join our Synacorian team. This is a tremendous opportunity to join the Network Operations team at Synacor! With each day passing we are growing our business and gaining new customers, all of which need to be supported. If you enjoy the challenge of implementing and supporting a new global network, leveraging your past experience and want to grow your career, then we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report on all of Synacor’s networks, systems and applications in a 24x7 World Class NOC, while working expeditiously to limit impact to our customers.
- Provide Tier 1 level troubleshooting, problem analysis and isolation of network events.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate status of critical events and change management requests to internal and external customers through resolution.
- Surveillance of applicable Network Operations Center (NOC) Network Management Tools.
- Act as primary point of contact for outages and escalations and assign Incident Managers for emergent issues.
- Process and track all inbound NOC related requests from internal and external customers, vendors and service providers.
- Follow all policies and procedures for monitoring, testing product availability, and incident management.
- Implement and follow policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Proactively review processes, documentation and procedures to keep updated on operational activities.
- Prepare and distribute a variety of reports as requested by supervisor
- Ensure accuracy for all daily and weekly reports for Systems and proactively indentify trends and initiate corrective action.
- Consistent maintenance of all documentation for policies, documentation and procedures.
- Track all system effecting events for Synacor, its Client and Vendors, then communicate those events to appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Assist the Network Engineering, IT, and Systems departments with install and configurations of network devices and software as needed.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and offer/create viable recommendations/options.
- Become knowledgeable and proficient of value-added services transitioned from Systems and Network teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Associates degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience working at a Help Desk, Technical Call Center, NOC or equivalent environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting experience with networks, systems, and applications in a large scale production environment with a keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to details and ability to multi-task, while managing competing priorities.
- Experience working with NOC tools, network management systems, escalation procedures, and other monitoring applications a plus.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems preferred.
- Ability to work holidays and weekends, depending on assigned shift.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 7 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...