We are currently seeking a NOC Supervisor to join our Synacorian team. This is a tremendous opportunity to join the Network Operations team at Synacor, where you can use your network engineering skills to lead our on-line environment. With each day passing we are growing our business and gaining new customers, all of which need to be supported. We have opened additional data centers to meet our fast growing needs and we need YOU to help support us. If you enjoy the challenge of implementing and supporting a new global network, leveraging your past experience and want to grow your career, then we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervising the daily activities and functions of the Network Operations Center team.
• Participate in a 24/7 NOC team as well as lead it. This will require occasional off hours work (second and third shift) to keep current with those team members.
• Facilitate schedules and recommend/implement scheduling options as required by business needs
• Set goals and career paths for NOC staff as well as deliver performance reviews.
• Performs regular but random Quality Assurance on work completed to ensure that the work meets or exceeds department specifications.
• Maintain professional, courteous rapport with customers, vendors, and Synacor employees at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
W hat you'll need to bring to the table:
• Associates degree in related field
• 1-3 years technical experience troubleshooting advanced products and services
• Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems, desktop operating systems and browsers.
• Strong understanding of networking platforms/protocols, server hardware, and monitoring platforms (nagios, cacti, etc)
• Strong personal communication skills, both verbal and written
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace . Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 30+ days ago