U.S. Citizenship is required.
NOC Positions on the first and swing shift. Shift schedules vary.
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer and upstream provider routing issues in a timely and efficient manner through the utilization of various networking analysis tools and US Courts systems.
• Provide support for a complex network environment including problem solving, ability to take ownership of unfamiliar tasks and problems and see through to completion.
• Coordinate and fulfill all new customer turn ups including configuration, routing updates and other network implementations such as BGP routing, filter list application, routing protocol conversions, etc.
• Coordinate and fulfill all change management requests from customers including configuration changes, routing updates and other network changes such as BGP route additions, filter list changes, routing protocol conversions, etc.
• Investigate customer concerns and resolve configuration issues across a variety of US Courts service offerings.
• Act as escalation point for issues escalated from the Tier I NOC Support Engineering team. The NOC Engineer also providers mentoring, training and coaching to Tier 1 NOC engineers
• Utilize the HEAT trouble ticketing system to track ongoing reports and service requests through to completion
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
• 5+ years’ experience providing customer and technical support.
• 5+ years’ experience with Cisco routers/switches (configuration and hardware support, IOS, TCP/IP),
• Access Lists, Circuit (T1/DS3/Sonet/Ethernet) Troubleshooting.
Extensive experience in working with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and RIPv2.
• Familiarity with IPv6.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and multitask many ongoing issues simultaneously.
• CCNA required as well as a strong desire to learn new networking technologies and willingness to pursue professional certifications (CCNP/CCSP/CCIE,BCNE/BCNP,JNCIA,JNCIS).
Intelligent Decisions - 6 months ago
- 30+ days ago
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...