The ideal candidate has a solid technical background in telecommunications and/or linux operating systems, and good communication skills. The NOC Team is responsible for ensuring maximum uptime in a 24/7 environment with a global footprint through multiple 3rd party vendors with a focus on communicating: issue resolution, network and server maintenance, systems monitoring, and infrastructure availability. The NOC Team is the first line of defense, staffed 24x7x365 to monitor, manage, and maintain the global datacenter infrastructure and ensuring maximum uptime of multiple 3rd party providers.
- Monitor and maintain multiple datacenter infrastructures, and 3rd party vendors.
- Observe the status and performance of all components of network facilities.
- Actively monitor the performance of telecommunications networks; including usage, load patterns, system response.
- Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance and escalate to a higher tier support group.
- Accurately log and document NOC events as they occur.
- Participate in 24/7/365 team coverage.
- Strong technical proficiency in troubleshooting, managing, and monitoring networks and server hardware & software in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of Linux command line and OSI Model.
- Experience with SNMP and network monitoring tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be punctual, professional and possess a good attitude.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a goal oriented team.
- Detail oriented and able to follow procedures.
- NOC and or System Admin experience - preferred.
- Preferred a Degree in computer science, technical training school, certifications, equivalent work experience.
GOGII, Inc - 17 months ago