Provide comprehensive support for multiple aspects of the Network Operations Center (NOC).
• Monitor, with software monitoring tools, the multi-service fiber optic network and related services, including video, telephone, Internet, and Enterprise IT services.
• Evaluate network alarm conditions and service outages; escalate to the appropriate engineer as necessary.
• Document and actively coordinate resolution of service outages; assist in troubleshooting and pinpointing service outage components.
• Perform daily computer routines for mission critical applications and enterprise computer tape backup.
• Monitor network resources, components, and Enterprise systems and servers, for performance, equipment malfunctions, and/or service outages.
• Log and document NOC events as they occur.
• Communicate with users, group members, Engineering, Field OPS, and Management regarding service outages and/or equipment malfunctions.
• Coordinate efforts with third parties and vendors to resolve problems and issues as they arise.
• Provide timely, comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
• Perform preventative maintenance testing on the network as scheduled.
• Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and/or reports as requested.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of network resources and components, software monitoring tools, data communications protocols and hardware, and the video, Internet, and telephone infrastructure.
• Possess strong, comprehensive technical and computer skills, including various applications, operating systems, etc.
• Read and comprehend technical literature.
• Track performance and capacity using basic statistical concepts and tools.
• Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• All employees are required to actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Associate’s Degree or Vocational Certification required. Focus in Technology preferred.
• One year related technological experience required.
• NCTI “Understanding Broadband/Overview” certification required; “Operations Center Technical Support” certifications recommended for further advancement within the company.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...