The NOC Technician will be responsible for monitoring critical network elements, systems, security and applications using various monitoring tools in a 7X24X365 Network Operations Center(NOC). Our NOC technicians provide surveillance of Provide Commerce’s systems and follow procedures to validate, troubleshoot and escalate issues. Our NOC team is key in providing operational excellence to our internal business groups and external customers. These roles require strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and consultation skills to work cross-functionally to proactively handle various incidents. It will also require an understanding of networking concepts and operating systems such as Windows Server 2003 or 2008. This is a great opportunity for you to learn IT infrastructure and technologies which may pave the way for future growth into different IT groups within the company.
If you are a self-starter with a passion for development of well-defined, optimized operational environments and constant drive for improvement, then this is the job for you!
- Engage in proactive and reactive network/systems monitoring.
- Upon receipt of network trouble conditions, follows procedures to validate and classify impact, perform basic troubleshooting and notify appropriate personnel.
- Operate within established SLA guidelines.
- Enters new trouble tickets, assigns existing tickets and keep users informed of status.
- Engage in activities to further advance the monitoring platform such as creating network maps, rack diagrams.
- Generate reports for engineering teams such as bandwidth utilization, CPU performance, and network status.
- Performs proactive health checks as part of normal surveillance.
- Execute routine maintenance activities, such as tape backups and printer maintenance.
- Smoothly transfer information at the end of each shift with other NOC staff about any outstanding issues and tasks.
- Work to ensure that procedures are well documented and understood.
- Update process documents and internal knowledgebase.
- Create, adjust and maintain monitoring rules.
- Provide basic Help Desk support to employees, Distribution Centers and Call Centers nationwide.
- Help other teams with projects as time permits.
- Basic Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and 2008 Operating Systems.
- Must have basic understanding networking concepts.
- Experience working in an SLA environment.
- Basic understanding of Monitoring technologies such as; SCOM, SiteScope, Gomez, and SolarWinds, or equivalent.
- Have basic network and System troubleshooting skills.
- Fundamental Microsoft Office skills.
- Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications, Computer Science, Information Technology degree a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to use own judgment/initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision.
- High standards of work ethic: punctuality, professionalism, and attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a goal oriented team.
- Detail oriented and able to follow procedures.
- Takes ownership of tasks.
- Analytical thinker.
Provide Commerce keeps the perishable goods and gift markets fresh. The majority of the e-tailer's sales are generated by...