QuestPoint is a leading digital marketing intelligence company that maintains the world’s largest panel of online consumer behavior with 60 million monthly participants representing over 200 nations.
Since 2008, we have been fostering an intellectually stimulating environment that encourages open communication, autonomy, and professional development. For two consecutive years, we have been recognized by San Diego Business Journal as one of the best places to work in the area. We are very proud to have a company culture that puts sincerity, creativity, innovation and collaboration at its core. If you are a candidate that embraces these values, we want to hear from you.
QuestPoint is looking for a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician to join our team for a full-time role including nights and weekends. This is challenging and dynamic role within an atypical and fast-paced NOC environment. Compared to other IT work environments, QuestPoint’s NOC personnel function at a level equivalent to that of Jr. System Administrators and Application Specialists. The NOC Technician will monitor network health, provide Tier 1 support to the Production IT department, configure network device monitoring, and manage the network monitoring platform. The person in this position must display strong judgement and have excellent problem-solving skills to determine if the issue can be solved on his/her own or needs to be escalated immediately to the on-call IT team member. The person must be familiar with an IT Production environment and have excellent communication skills. This is an opportunity to contribute to a collaborative team and make an immediate impact. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an awesome team to work with, and opportunities for advancement in various IT career specializations.
- Evaluate existing products against competing products, investigate best practices and implement them in the context of the company’s needs.
- Monitor servers, network, and applications.
- Manage the Network Monitoring Software to include:
- Adding new network devices to monitoring.
- Establishing Metric Thresholds (Static and/or trending values).
- Creating new device monitors per customer specifications.
- Auditing/Editing Network Performance Management Software alerts, Web UI configurations, Dashboard graphs, etc.
- Determine root causes on significant incidents and drive any identified NOC action items to resolution.
- Ensure escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner.
- Lead the creation and documentation of Troubleshooting Guides (TSGs) and Knowledge Base (KB) Articles for the NOC.
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to identify and track key server and application metrics.
- Serve as project lead for special projects as assigned.
Shift 1: Monday through Friday 12am to 9:30am PST with availability for overtime when needed.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant IT experience.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft OS’s. Linux experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of all IT disciplines, especially network and server management protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to be self disciplined as this position includes remote overnight (PST) shifts.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and strong initiative to face the challenges of a very fast-paced, high-energy operations organization.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to remain composed and professional in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of departments and product teams.
- Proven track record of improving standard operating procedures via new processes, homegrown scripts and application implementations.
- Ability to work either of the following shifts:
Shift 2: Monday and Tuesday from 4:30 pm to 12:00 am PST and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 am to 12:00 pm PST with availability for overtime when needed.
Why work for QuestPoint?:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science preferred.
- Related certifications preferred.
- Skills with monitoring applications.
** To be considered, please apply through the web portal.
- Innovative and progressive work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues
- Professional growth opportunities
- 100% paid benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision plans for all regular full-time employees and their dependents
- 401(k) profit sharing plan, with employer paid contributions
- 18 paid holidays each year
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- 100% company-paid smartphones
** Recruiters, please no phone calls, emails, or office visits.
QuestPoint - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
QuestPoint is a mid-sized, growing and profitable software company based in Carlsbad, CA in North County San Diego. QuestPoint was...