- Analyst will be responsible for monitoring server and network based systems using multiple Enterprise Monitoring tools.
- Document alerts and response to such alerts within various ticketing systems.
- Analyst must be able to work independently to identify system, application, hardware, or network issues and troubleshoot/escalate accordingly.
- Analyst must be also able to work within a global team environment.
- Analyst must display knowledge of hardware and data center technologies.
- Maintain documentation and procedures.
- Suggest improvements to current procedures and other work tools to improve efficiency as needed.
- Ensure all documented processes, procedures, and SLA’s are adhered to.
- Update and maintain shift turnover.
- Monitor ticket queues in various ticketing systems and complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability.
- Monitor batch jobs using multiple scheduling environments.
- 1 - 2 years working in a 7x24x365 fast-paced Operations Center/Data Center supporting multiple clients with the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Basic Windows, UNIX/LINUX, Network and AS400 skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and the ability to create AD accounts.
- Understanding of WAN circuit outages and the ability to communicate with telecommunications firms to diagnose circuit issues.
- Understanding of system backup technologies and well as tape library systems.
- Experience with job scheduling (Autosys and Tivoli JSC).
- Ability to discuss on-going issues internally with fellow employees as well as with clients.
- Experience with network, application, system troubleshooting, monitoring tools, and responding to alerts, and escalation processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills. Needs to be independent while working on a team in a global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization.
- The position is based in Edison, NJ. Travel to multiple data center facilities that are located in Central New Jersey and Staten Island, NY is required.
- Ability to occasionally lift and move equipment 50+ lbs
SAVVIS Inc. - 17 months ago