The successful NOC Tier 1 Technician/Engineer works in the iBasis Network Operations Center (NOC) as front line support for all customer and provider interaction. This interaction can range from opening, following-up and closing trouble tickets, via phone or email, to acting as a liaison between customers/providers and our NOC Engineer team, to working and resolving network problems and testing with customers.
- Troubleshooting can range from internal iBasis questions/requests raised (password request, ticket investigation, researching vendor position), issues custeomers raised wtih iBasis, or issues iBasis is requesting a provider to take action on.
- Learn to troubleshoot iBasis specific network systems
- Working closely on iBasis global network, assessing problems, gathering and analyzing information, and resolving issues following procedures and processes.
- Performing network reroutes.
- Monitor quality alarms, recording problems by creating tickets using Remedy and take appropriate actions as per guidelines, including making test calls both manually and using automated system.
- Escalating and communicating issues to higher levels with in NOC, management, and other departments.
- Interacting with Network Suppliers, opening tickets and performing follow up with external organizations on iBasis related issues.
- CompTIA Network or equivalent experience desired.
- BS/BA degree
- Ideal candidate would have previous Help Desk experience with exposure to networking.
- Understanding of network concepts such as IP addresses, routers, switches, LAN/WAN and basic IP tools such as ping and traceroute.
- Knowledge of PC skills including: Windows, command Prompt and Internet/web based applications.
- Analytical problem solver; detail oriented.
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Desire and motivation to learn and ability to advance skill level.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday scheduling is required.
- Flexibility to rotate between different shifts and work additional shifts on short notice.
iBasis - 9 months ago