NP HOSP MIDLEVEL PROV
HR Use Only: Nurse Practitioner-Cardiology-Lorain Institute
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus & Family Health Centers
Facility: LORAIN FAMILY HEALTH AND SURGERY CENTER
Department: LORAIN CARDIOLOGY
Job Code: T31165
Pay Grade: 17
Schedule: Full Time
Job Details: - Masters Degree Preferred
Successful Candidate will be responsible for outpatient and inpatient evaluation and management of a general cardiovascular population outpatients at the Avon Family Health Center and rotating at Lakewood and Fairview hospitals. Duties would consist of seeing new consultations and followup patients with a wide variety of cardiovascular disease and peripheral arterial disease. He/she would be the primary health care partner of a cardiologist board certified in cardiology, interventional cardiology and vascular medicine. The hospital practice also includes management of coronary and peripheral interventional patients, volume being several hundred a year. Collaboration with several other cardiologists and nurse practitioners will be essential. No weekend,night or holiday call will be required. Ability to perform independently in the outpatient clinic would be valuable as would be a strong background in cardiovascular care. Experienced preferred.
Nationally certified licensed healthcare provider who provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions in collaboration with a physician according to a standard care arrangement and specialty certification. Practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention and the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems.
Certifications may include: acute care, adult, family, gerontology, psych and mental health, neonatology, pediatrics and women's health.
- Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
- Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history as per the Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
- Identifies significant health and medical risk factors.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
- In collaboration with the physician, develops a treatment plan along with the patient and significant others.
- Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and Cleveland Clinic privileges.
- May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through Ohio Board of Nursing and CCF policy.
- Develops patient education plan.
- Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care.
- May perform admission history & physical, document progress notes, prepare discharge summaries as required.
- Assists with and facilitates discharge planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's or Doctoral degree in Nursing preferred.
Two years clinical nursing experience preferred.
Licensed as RN in State of Ohio, national certification as nurse practitioner by nationally accredited organization, current certificate of authority by Ohio Board of Nursing, certificate to prescribe preferred. BLS Healthcare Provider; ACLS or PALS may be required based upon work setting.
Category: RN/LPN/APN/Ambulatory/Other Nursing
Cleveland Clinic, located in Cleveland, Ohio, is a not-for-profit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and...