Our vision at Petco is
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
This position will be responsible for managing all facilities planning and maintenance requirements for a multiple site campus at the NSC. This position will lead a team of direct reports, and be responsible for managing relationships with outside contractors, consultants and service providers to deliver projects and services as required. The NSC Property Manager will coordinate with the Senior Project Manager to ensure all projects are scoped to align with long term property strategies and are transitioned smoothly.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities
ith or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts, inside and outside of Petco, with emphasis on company interests.
- Direct the maintenance of company facilities, buildings, and equipment at the National Support Center (NSC).
- Partner with internal departments for appropriate support and approval to accomplish assigned initiatives. Build successful relationships with external vendors and service providers that allow Petco to accomplish strategic goals related to Facilities Management.
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes and effectively accomplish assigned duties through work of subordinates and/or peers.
- Establish project goals and objectives in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting blueprints and design drawings for approval and/or required changes.
- Serve as the owner/landlord representative for Petco in maintaining, rearranging, upgrading, servicing, decommissioning, establishing use standards, and monitoring compliance against internal and external standards and codes for all owned and leased/subleased corporate office and supporting facilities, including building systems and equipment, and outside grounds in San Diego and San Antonio.
- Establish customer and service oriented organization and establish cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships with internal customers and external service providers, with the purpose of understanding and supporting the achievement of business goals and objectives through mutually agreed upon expectations, parameters, and actions. (Service not servant orientation).
- Develop, maintain, control, and report /communicate on facilities-related budgets, costs, projections and core performance metrics
- Recruit, train, develop, and effective manage a balanced internal staff and external service providers to deliver responsive, progressive, high quality broadband facilities services at optimal cost/investment.
This position will directly supervise a team of facilities maintenance associates, including technicians and supervisory professionals. In addition, this position will manage services provided by external contractors/vendors, and coordinate the involvement of professionals across multiple Petco departments involved in the transition of a multi-building campus.
Job duties may be physical in nature in some instances. Job duties are primarily performed indoors, but some outside projects will take place. Safety precautions should be taken at all times as they relate to construction, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Architecture, Interior Design or related field and a minimum of 5-7 years related experience. Excellent command of MS Office (Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint). Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required. IFMA Certified Facility Manager and/or LEED AP Operating and Maintenance credential also a plus and strongly desired. Must have the ability to perceive problems and create effective solutions. A qualified applicant will possess strong planning and organizational skills.
Petco - 21 months ago
Petco… where the healthy pets go
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that...