- This is a remote position. Open to candidates from the Southeast region: North Carolina/South Carolina/Georgia/Florida.*
Develops new accounts and expands existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for regional sales, channel partner support, territory coverage.
Primary customer interface that is responsible for the development of business and relationships with customers providing engineering and product support.
Primary supplier interface for products and services
New account development
Customer competitor analysis
Ability to meet/exceed territory quota
Covers the following territories: SouthEast Region
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
Education / Training:
- Prior outside sales experience of minimum 5 years (7-10 preferred) to EMC, Utilities or Service Providers. Additional industry experience in other roles of value, including selling Software as a Solution or Service as a Solution (SaaS).
- Prior experience and technical understanding of Access products a plus.
- Prior sales experience with ATT or CenturyLink a plus
- Must be professional and courteous and have strong written, oral, and organizational skills. Must be able to present to customers.
- Must be able to work fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Must be able travel 50-70%, and maintain responsibilities and communications, reports, while doing so.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Able to interact positively and productively across functions within the organization.
- Able to take ownership of responsibilities and actions, and effectively handle interpersonal relationships with others.
- Able to receive and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability and willingness to make timely decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to manage priorities and to consistently meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Knowledge of the basic infrastructure of a Telco network: Access architectures for Metro Ethernet, FTTH, DSL, Triple Play and Layer 2/3 solutions. Knowledge of Ethernet and IP, and their role in the evolution of Carrier Networks is a plus.
- Able to create a region plan, account plans, and demonstrate tactical and strategic planning skills needed to be successful.
- Able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Salesforce.com experience required for forecasting and account planning
BA/BS in Business, Computer Science or related field, MBA strongly preferred
This position primarily interacts with the following internal departments:
Management, Customers, Sales Organization, Customer Service
Allied Telesis - 9 months ago