Requires comprehensive understanding of related technology, independent judgement and complete knowledge of all Federal and California Regulatory Commissions rules and regulations. Performs duties directly involved with variety of technical procedures in the application of radionuclides for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in humans. Responsible for the assessment, treatment or care appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Demonstrate the ability to interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs; possesses knowledge of growth and development; and has an understanding of the range of treatment needed for these patient groups. Functions under the direction of the Director or Manager of Radiology and in consultation with the Medical Director designated by the client facility. |
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Working hours while on-call may be inconvenient or unpleasant. Must be able to arrive at the hospital within 30 minutes of being paged while on call.
- California Certified Technologist, Nuclear Medicine (RHN) required.
- NMTCB preferred.
- American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT) preferred.
- Able to adapt exam routines and techniques when necessary to optimize quality of exam.
- Must have intricate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and basic understanding of human physiology.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work closely with Radiologist, hospital staff, peers and Referring Physicians.
- Must have working knowledge of all facets of Nuclear Imaging and processing techniques, equipment and radiation safety.
Emanuel Medical Center, Inc. - 19 months ago