Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an Ambulatory Clinic Nurse Manager
The Nurse Manager is accountable for the overall operations of the clinic. Responsible on a continual basis for the quality of patient care, customer (external and internal) service, and cost-efficient operation of the clinic. Must recognize physical, psychological and spiritual aspects of care and participates in company-wide quality initiatives.
* Oversees the clinical operations for all nursing clinical support activities.
* Maintains effective nursing staff coverage within budgetary constraints.
* Screens and interviews nursing applicants and orients and trains staff.
* Assists with the review and revision of clinical policies and procedures.
* Assists in verifying encounter form charges to ensure proper/appropriate charges.
* Assists with annual performance evaluations for nursing staff.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of applicable labor laws and schedules and coordinates employee staffing including vacations, sick leave and overtime.
* Ensures nurses maintain all required competencies on an annual basis.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Master's degree is preferred.
* Current Kansas Registered Nurse license or eligible.
* Five years of experience as a registered nurse.
* One year of management experience is preferred.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the professional rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 22 months ago