3 years of experience
· Assessment: Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health and situation including interpreting diagnostic tests and procedures relevant to the patient’s status.
· Diagnosis: Compares and contrasts clinic findings, normal and abnormal variations and developmental events in formulating a diagnosis.
· Outcomes: Identifies expected outcomes that incorporate scientific evidence and are achievable through implementation of evidence based practice.
· Planning: Identifies assessment, diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions within the plan that reflects current evidence, including data, research, literature and expert clinical knowledge, then collaborates with physician on the plan.
· Implementation: Cares directly for clients and may manage complex patients; manages the continuum of care for key patient populations when necessary
--providers leadership in the coordination of multidisciplinary teams for integrated care delivery
--Educates staff, clients, students, families, community on topics of health promotion and safety.
--Providers consultation to influence the plan, enhance the abilities of other team members and to effect change.
--Coordinates system and community resources that enhance deliver of care across the continuums.
--Orders diagnostic and laboratory test, prescribes evidence based medications and treatments in the direct care of acute and chronic illness or disease considering the patient’s comprehensive health care needs.
· Evaluation: Evaluates patient care and outcomes using results or evaluation analysis to recommend change in process, policy, procedures or protocols. Evaluate the accuracy of the diagnosis and effectiveness of the interventions in relationship to the patient’s attainment of expected outcomes.
· Quality of practice: Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
· Education: attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice. Uses current health care research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge and enhance role performance and increase knowledge of professional issues.
· Practice Evaluation: Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional nursing practice standards and guidelines relevant statues, rules and regulations. Engages in a formal process seeking feedback from patients, peers, professional colleagues and others. Participates in quarterly audit reviews and feedback sessions.
· Collegiality: Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues. Models expert practice to interdisciplinary team members and health care consumers. Mentors RN’s and colleagues as appropriate.
· Collaboration: Collaborate with patient, family and other in conduct of nursing practice. Partners with other disciplines to enhance patient care through interdisciplinary activities such as education, consultation, management or research opportunities.
· Ethics: Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice. Participates on multidisciplinary teams that address ethical risks, benefits and outcomes. Informs administration or others of risks, benefits and outcomes of programs and decisions that affect health care delivery.
· May include sharing of call needs with providers.
Avera Health - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard