Schedule: Mon- Fri: 10 hour night shift
Participates in patient care delivery with a protocol approved by a member of the Medical Staff, in direct collaboration with a member of the medical staff, or under the supervision of a member of the Medical Staff.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
May perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Evaluate the physical and psychosocial health status of the patient through a comprehensive health history and physical examination, using skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation, and using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of the physical signs and symptoms
- Assess normal and abnormal findings from the history, physical examination and laboratory reports;
- Plan, implement and evaluate care
- Consult with the physician and members of the health care team to provide for acute and ongoing health care or referral of the patient.
- Manage the medical plan of care prescribed for the patient/client based on protocols or guidelines adopted.
- Initiate and maintain accurate records, appropriate legal documents and other health and nursing care reports.
- Develop individualized teaching plans with the patient based on overt and covert health needs.
- Counsel individuals, families and groups about health and illness and promote health maintenance.
- Recognize, develop and implement professional and community educational programs related to health care.
- Participate in periodic and joint evaluation of services rendered, including, but not limited to, chart reviews, patient evaluations, and outcomes.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the joint review and revision of adopted protocols or guidelines when the physician assistant is involved in the medical plan of care.
- Write prescriptions following appropriate protocols.
- Document/dictate histories, physicals, progress notes, orders, discharge summaries, education or instructions provided to patients, and procedures completed in compliance with protocol requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- Masters Degree in Nursing, required
- Certified by the Kansas State Board of Nursing as an advanced registered nurse practitioner, required. (Addressed under Certificates, Licenses, Registrations)
- Documentation of a current registration by the Kansas State Board of Nursing as an advanced practice nurse. (Addressed under Certificates, Licenses, Registrations.)
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during emotionally stressful situations.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Outlook Skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current licensure with the Kansas State Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers offered by the American Heart Association or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer offered by the Red Cross within 30 days post date of hire. (VCH-P)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required upon completion of orientation, not to exceed 30 days from date of hire.
- ACLS is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work : Exerting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds constantly. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Works in a medical-surgical hospital. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to patients with communicable diseases. May work around hazardous materials, including radiation, chemotherapy agents, and biohazards. May be exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
- Additionally makes site visits to banks, schools manufacturing plants and various other local businesses.
- Well light, climate controlled work environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- This position has direct patient contact that provides care to neonate, newborn, children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Via Christi Health System
- 2 years ago - save job