Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Nursing Associate.
- Works under the direction of a RN/Charge Nurse and performs within the scope of the KSBN Nurse Practice Act as an unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP).
- Performs basic unlicensed skills (ADLs and vital signs) and Associate I skills and techniques.
- Seeks direction and supervision from an RN on any task not trained or not meeting competency.
- Communicates changes in patient's condition promptly and appropriately to the RN.
- Accurately completes order entry in electronic medical record as requested by manager/unit needs.
- Answers patient call lights pro actively on the unit.
- Receives/relays all forms of communication accurately, promptly, courteously, and to the appropriate person/department.
- Must Be enrolled in an accredited Bachelors of Nursing Program
- Must have completed at least an initial Technical Skill course in an Accredited BSN Program.
- Techniques checklist is required.
- Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.