The Nursing Technician performs patient care and non- patient care functions under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse. Duties include but are not limited to: ADL’s, vital signs, I&O, performing EKGs, documentation of vital signs and I & O, simple dressing changes, specimen collection, assisting with meals, errands, transporting of patients, medications or specimens, ambulating of patients, urinary drainage care, applies binders and assists with emptying of external tube drainage (suprapubic, sumps, nasogastric), weighs patients, assists physicians with procedures and physical exams, and other duties as assigned, etc.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- Performs tasks listed in job summary according to policy and procedure.
- Integrates patient’s rights into work practice.
- Utilizes current methods of infection control.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to patient care and unit based issues.
- Collaborates and communicates with the health care team.
- Completes competency requirements.
- Attends mandatory inservices.
- Attends staff meetings as required/ requested.
- Utilizes cost containment practices.
- Adheres to all WPHC policies and procedures including dress code, code of conduct, customer service, attendance and submission of annual physical.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma/Equivalency
Previous experience in hospital or with patient care preferred
Successful completion of the Nursing Technician Course
EKG I (Critical Care Division) within 6 months of hire
White Plains Hospital Center - 14 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...