Work under the direction of the Manager of Health Planning and Promotion (HPP). This position is responsible for the use of multi-faceted approaches in various settings to educate and promote nutritional practices designed to prevent disease and promote health.
EEOC CODE: 20
1. Three (3) years ADA Preplanned Dietetic experience; and
2. Two (2) years Professional Nutrition experience; and
3. Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Health Promotion or Health and Human Performance or closely related field
4. (Master's Degree in Nutrition preferred.)
5. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
1. Must meet approved ADA requirements.
2. Must be registered as a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
3. Must maintain Registration/License throughout the duration of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Designs, develops, implements and evaluate nutrition strategies related to health promotion and wellness.
2. Supervises Project Diabetes Coordinator and oversee implementation of program.
3. Provides counseling to individuals and groups on healthy nutrition practices.
4. Coordinates with HPP staff to develop cohesive education and marketing goals, strategies and plans.
5. Conducts research when relevant including literature reviews, and assessment of promising practices and evaluations strategies.
6. Develops and manage internal and external partnerships seeking to community's nutritional statues.
7. Designs effective audio-visuals and education tools to promote good nutrition and wellness.
8. Prepares reports, summaries and narratives.
9. Serves on local collaborative that include a nutrition component.
10. Provides nutrition consultations to other professional staff.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Thorough knowledge of current practices, designs, methods, principles and techniques related to nutrition monitoring, evaluation and interventions.
2. Skill in use of databases, statistical data interpretation and problem-solving methods and techniques to impact health wellness.
3. Experience working in a team environment, implementing strategic programs and managing complex and time sensitive projects.
4. Ability to work successful with strategic management and coalition building.
5. Ability to work with abstract data, concepts, and requests; to prepare clear and concise reports; to communicate effective; and to plan, assist and help in research and health education presentations.
6. Ability to work as a part of a team and support other team members, flexible, able to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
7. Ability to organize and manage time effectively, establish and maintain interpersonal relationships and problem solve.
814 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 3 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...