Lead the design and implementation of new nano materials processes for the Carestream Advanced Materials group in White City, OR. Responsible for supporting existing chemical synthesis and purification processes while driving scale up efforts of the pilot plant to manufacturing.
• Designs, develops, and improves the chemical processes for synthesizing and purifying nano materials.
• Improves efficiency, troubleshoots, and resolves problems related to the chemical processes.
• Employs predictive tools to anticipate and diagnose potential problems and develops solutions.
• Resolve process problems by identifying root cause and implementing process controls and/or procedure changes.
• Design and execute statistically designed experiments and modify manufacturing processes based on analysis of the results.
• Utilizes various methods and analytical tools to analyze and solve reaction and purification problems.
• Coordinates activities with plant maintenance, systems, utilities, and outside contractors.
• Works with the R&D and product engineering teams to assure product manufacturability.
• Represents the plant to suppliers on proposed designs, procurement and installation of new components, production equipment and processes.
• Estimate capital equipment and installation costs, oversee equipment layout and design, manage capital budgets and project schedules.
• Maintains unit cost data, run schedules, yield, and equipment efficiency charts.
• Work closely and collaboratively with operations personnel and various departments to provide the highest quality product at the lowest possible manufacturing cost.
• Support safe manufacturing practices; participate in PHA and HAZOP reviews.
Applicants must have a minimum of a BS degree in engineering, a physical science, or a related discipline technical degree (Chemical Engineering degree preferred).
A minimum of five years experience required (8-10 years preferred) in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, process control systems (PLC / DCS), and chemical unit operations.
• Sound knowledge of fluid dynamics related to mixing and pumping with an emphasis in membrane filtration.
• Knowledge of nano material science, polymer science, and formulation a plus.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Project management and leadership experience.
• Ability to work independently; highly self motivated, self directed and be results oriented
• Strong mathematical skills and solid understanding of statistics.
• Desire to continually enhance personal skills and knowledge.
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Competent in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt easily to change and be capable of effectively dealing with stressful working situations and conditions.
• Must have a desire to contribute and work in a team environment (lead and interact with operations, maintenance, technical/engineering and management)
Working conditions are in a manufacturing environment including solvent solution delivery areas, coating machinery, and solvent dryer areas as well as basic office spaces. The use of safety glasses, coveralls, safety shoes, and occasional use of hearing protection and vapor respirator will be required.
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nano materials.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 18 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...