Carestream Health Oregon has an immediate need for a second, AgNW Synthesis technician in support of FLEXX product development and production.
Technician will staff and operate first, 50L AgNW reactor and purification process in CHO.
1. Learn and operate the AgNW synthesis reactor and purification process:
a. Manual Process (Technician has full responsibility for set-points, timing, etc.)
b. Chemical weighing, handling, additions (liquids and solids)
2. Train additional technicians in the operation when volumes require the addition of staff and/or reactors.
3. Develop and document standard work, CAG’s, POS, etc. in support of standardizing the process.
4. Identify and drive continuous improvement with the AgNW synthesis operation.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
2. Follow all work instructions including standard and change documentation.
3. Understand information contained in the chemical MSDS and how to locate.
4. Complete all required training.
5. Manage hazardous waste and satellite accumulation locations/containers following plant Standard Operating Procedures during non-emergencies and EHS contingency plan procedures during emergencies. Complete assigned training to comply with state and federal regulations.
6. Understanding of PPE and the proper use of PPE
7. Up to date certification for respirator use (fit test and medical evaluation)
8. Safely operate the reactor and purification systems
9. Trouble shoot equipment and operator interface problems.
10. Complete end product testing per standards.
11. Investigate defects and assist in determining root cause.
12. Adapts to changing work conditions without loss of efficiency or effectiveness.
13. Working knowledge of pumping, mixing, sparging, weighing, temperature control, and filtration unit operations
14. Independently manages daily workload
15. Runs and monitors several processes concurrently
16. Independently recognizes problems and applies product / process knowledge to make decision on corrective action or escalation.
17. Able to work unique shifts and hours as related to customer demand. Standard schedule will be Monday – Friday (8, 10, or 12 hour shifts, Day and Night).
18. Provide technical support and troubleshooting. Coordinate with maintenance and systems personnel to troubleshoot and repair equipment and process control issues.
19. Lead and implement material flow processes for all AgNW synthesis operations.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
1. Professional and effective communication skills within crew, other departments, and customer interface.
2. Ability to read and follow written instruction for standard processes, change documents and experimental trials.
3. Working PC knowledge for standard and custom software.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
5. Proficient with manufacturing business systems: SOS, SAP, etc.
6. Able to organize work and effectively manage use of time.
7. Self starter and self motivated
8. Detail oriented
9. Lean Manufacturing principles
10. Able to troubleshoot production issues in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Carestream Health - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...