Carestream Health Oregon has an immediate need for AgNW Synthesis operator(s) in support of FLEXX product development and production.
1. Learn and operate the AgNW synthesis reactor and purification process:
a. Manual Process (Operator has full responsibility for set-points, timing, etc.)
b. Chemical weighing, handling, additions (liquids and solids)
d. Membrane filtration
e. Quality control functions including viscosity, solids, hand coatings, resistivity, etc.
2. Identify and drive continuous improvement of the AgNW synthesis operation.
3. Execute standard work, corrective action guides (CAG’s) , production operating standards (POS), etc. in support of day to day production and experimentation.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
2. Follow all work instructions including standard and change documentation.
3. Understand information contained in the chemical MSDS and how to locate.
4. Complete all required training.
5. Manage hazardous waste and satellite accumulation locations/containers following plant Standard Operating Procedures during non-emergencies and EHS contingency plan procedures during emergencies. Complete assigned training to comply with state and federal regulations.
6. Understanding of PPE and the proper use of PPE
7. Up to date certification for respirator use (fit test and medical evaluation)
8. Safely operate the reactor and purification systems
9. Trouble shoot equipment and operator interface problems.
10. Complete end product testing per standards.
11. Investigate defects and assist in determining root cause.
12. Adapts to changing work conditions without loss of efficiency or effectiveness.
13. Working knowledge of pumping, mixing, sparging, weighing, temperature control, and filtration unit operations
14. Independently manages daily workload
15. Runs and monitors several processes concurrently
16. Independently recognizes problems and applies product / process knowledge to make decision on corrective action or escalation.
17. Able to work unique shifts and hours as related to customer demand.
18. Provide technical support and troubleshooting. Coordinate with maintenance and systems personnel to troubleshoot and repair equipment and process control issues.
19. Utilize SAP for tracking material usage and inventory.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
1. Professional and effective communication skills within crew, other departments, and customer interface.
2. Ability to read and follow written instruction for standard processes, change documents and experimental trials.
3. Working PC knowledge for standard and custom software.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
5. Proficient with manufacturing business systems: SOS, SAP, etc.
6. Able to organize work and effectively manage use of time.
7. Self starter and self motivated
8. Detail oriented
9. Lean Manufacturing principles
10. Able to troubleshoot production issues in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Climbing Ladders Occasionally
Climbing Stairs Ability to climb stairs approximately 20 times per day
Confined Space Entry/Work Occasionally
Respond to Audible prompts/warning/alarms Building page, process control systems
Respond to Visual prompts/warning/alarms Process control systems
Repetitive Tasks (cycle time
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. Carestream Dental provides industry-leading imaging, software and practice management solutions for dental and oral health professionals. Dental products are used by seven out of 10 practitioners globally and deliver more precise diagnoses, improved workflows and superior patient care. For more information visit www.carestreamdental.com. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our Dental business is based out of Atlanta, GA. Overall, our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & even nano materials.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 19 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...