National Journal is currently seeking a highly strategic and successful sales director to help manage and drive print, digital, and events revenue nationally. She/he will be responsible for meeting revenue goals across all National Journal properties, and can provide strategic insight and leadership on pricing, packaging, marketing, creative ideas, and product development.
- Meet and exceed revenue targets across all of National Journal’s product offerings by managing and growing existing clients, and identifying new opportunities.
- Serve as National Journal’s brand ambassador and help introduce and navigate senior agency and client organizations to develop relationships with key decision makers
- Provide expert counsel on pricing and packaging, across multiple platforms
- Own weekly revenue projections across all NJ media products
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fulfill various sales quotas for revenue, meetings, market share and other metrics
Willingness and ability to travel
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
5 plus years media sales experience; strong digital sales experience.
Outstanding reputation and relationships with national clients and agencies
Goal driven with outstanding record of achievement in current/past positions
Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment
- Strong work ethic and capacity to thrive in a team environment
- Creativity, persistence and tenacity
- Strong analytics and real-time judgment
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spirit of generosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and team player
- Internet savvy and proficient with a sales/CRM database (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Interest in policy and politics
- Bachelor's degree required