Primary responsibility includes strategic account management for large and/or complex national accounts. Also, responsible for the sales of additional products/services to existing accounts. Responsibilities include implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue targets through selling new business to existing accounts, managing major account relationships, and organizing and developing the national accounts sales force. May direct and oversees a number of national account manager positions. Positions may include incumbents who are responsible for large and/or complex accounts not on a national basis. IC eligible..
- Manage a disciplined account engagement process which is comprised of goals, strategies to achieve goals, and tactics to support execution of strategies
- Develop deep customer relationships to facilitate intimate knowledge of our customers' objectives
- Assume role of trusted strategic consultative partner of our customers
- Articulate a consistent delivery of CIGNA's glowing value proposition as well as own responsibility to tell the CIGNA story with minimal reliance upon subject matter experts
- Demonstrate data-driven solutions-based orientation to drive results for our customers and for CIGNA
- Execute successful end-to-end sales process if customer’s business is placed out to bid
- Exude self-motivated ownership of metric-driven results, continually acting with a sense of urgency to ensure that results are attained, if not exceeded
- Exemplify internal and external leadership
- Embrace culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Champion perpetual change within CIGNA to ensure that we anticipate market trends and offer industry-leading products and services
- Manage a client base that will consist of no less than one, but no more than three, medical clients
- Proficient knowledge (min 3-5 years) in healthcare / managed care business; to include many or all of the following: product knowledge, underwriting, risk and financial analysis skills, marketing processes, sales practices, account management and knowledge of administrative operations
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Successful track record and/or possesses clear aptitude as a leader, administrator, negotiator, and salesperson
- Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; possesses excellent relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated planning/organizational skills; ability to plan for both the long and short term; ability to work on many issues at once and to prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with matrix partners in the organization
- Customer focus - ability to meet customer expectations and act with a strong focus on how to deliver
- Ability to obtain necessary licenses
- Effective speaking and communication skills; demonstrated presentation skills.
CIGNA - 14 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...