Effective Date: 11/01/12
* Office in Bentonville, Arkansas
JOB TITLE: Wal-Mart National Account Manager
REPORTS TO: National Sales Manager Mass
STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY : This position is responsible for managing sales efforts for dry grocery categories at Wal-Mart, continually building sales and programs which will meet/exceed company’s budgets and customer’s expectations. This position will maximize the Customer Centric relationship with Wal-Mart. Additional responsibilities include managing regional traditional grocery account and assisting with other cross-functional sales opportunities including representing CM @ Wal-Mart events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
- Develop and maintain a solid business relationship with key decision makers at Walmart, Region Grocery accounts and our retail broker.
- Thorough understanding of account’s business and operational strategies and process.
- Execute and create specific plans to allow the attainment of assigned targets and objectives.
- Conducts training meetings for retail broker as needed.
- Communicates and works with Wal-Mart team and internal resources to develop win-win retail broker solutions.
- Supports CM strategy and tactical development of in store execution plans.
- Understands and utilizes all data tools available from the retail broker and CM.
- Stays up-to-date with trends and changes in category plan design.
- Works closely with team leader and Category Development Analyst to set specific retail broker objectives.
- Conducts joint business planning reviews with customer on progress of mutually agreed upon objectives, KPI’s and scorecards.
- Helps in cross-functional role as needed by the team, either with Wal-Mart or Sam’s
- Own accurate and timely sales forecasting and communication
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office applications and retail link.
- Ability to develop and assimilate data to create plans and proposals.
- High degree of professionalism viewed as competent, credible and knowledgeable.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to handle some conflict and has strong root cause problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities.
- Commitment to continued self-development and learning.
- Ability to lead changes and works with internal and external contacts.
- High level of integrity does things right and does the right things.
- Possess strong listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Ability to prepare product samples and lift up-to 20 pounds.
- Full-time work environment at the Company Bentonville office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Four years working experience in key account customer management, preferably on Wal-Mart/Sam’s team. Prior retail broker or broker management experience a plus, but not required.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.