The primary purpose of the National Account Manager is to establish partnerships resulting in sales of NRC product, service and solutions to non-provider stakeholders in our markets such as associations, government agencies, and vendors. The NAM develops new business, to new market opportunities and through increased penetration of existing partnerships. The target market and account list is developed through strategic research within the Partnership and Channel strategic team.
The sale is complex, involving multiple decision-makers, working knowledge of the healthcare industry and all of the various stakeholders, as well as research methodology and NRC’s solutions and products. The sales cycle typically involve prospecting, relationship building, product demonstrations, presentations, preparation of proposals and contract negotiations. Some degree of travel is typically involved for all sales positions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION:
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive sales strategy including market segmentation, identification of key opportunities, determination of resources required by project
- Establishing consultative sales relationship with key prospects/clients by understanding business organization, goals and needs. Maintaining relationship with multilevel contacts within organizations to ensure NRC/client partnerships generate maximum revenues within each entity.
- Identifying and prospecting additional clients by phone, in person and via the Internet, using competitive information and NRC’s SalesLogix CRM software.
- Maintaining a high level of healthcare industry knowledge including current trends, issues, key players, regulatory policies, etc.
- Articulating NRC unique market value and position across the continuum and the value of our specific products and services.
- Project management and orchestration of cross functional resources for large scale projects.
- Schedules trips, develops itineraries and prioritizes calls to ensure maximum of use of time while controlling travel costs. Deals effectively with the rigors and uncertainties of travel.
A college degree is required.
The National Account Manager has from 5 to 7 years sales experience; key is that work environment has demonstrated sales and/or entrepreneurial interest/aptitude. Demonstrated track record of exhibiting leadership, self discipline, drive and achievement. A proven ability to master complex ideas and articulate them persuasively to others is the required skill set. It is crucial to be adaptive to change in this role. C-Level Healthcare and/or business industry experience is highly desired.
Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver formal presentations, to lead and participate in meetings, are critical.
Excellent writing skills are required to write business letters, e-mails, proposals and other business correspondence.
Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook are essential. Previous experience with business application software will be helpful. Incumbents are required to produce effective PowerPoint presentations, generate business correspondence and proposals, track time and expenses, maintain internal calendars and handle internal and external e-mail.
Ability to use Internet search engines to retrieve client and industry data and to perform competitive intelligence is essential.
The ability to travel 30% to 40% of the time is typical.
National Research Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard