Plug Power Inc., the architects of modern fuel cell technology and are revolutionizing the industry with cost-effective power solutions that increase productivity, lower operating costs and reduce carbon footprints. We enjoy long-standing relationships with industry leaders, including Walmart, Sysco, Procter & Gamble, and Mercedes Benz, forged the path for Plug Power’s innovative GenKey hydrogen and fuel cell system solutions. With more than 4,500 GenDrive units deployed to material handling customers, accumulating over 20 million hours of run time, Plug Power manufactures tomorrow’s incumbent power solutions today.
As a result of our continued growth we are seeking experienced Sale Professionals candidates to join our team as a National Account Sales Director.
The Director of National Accounts will lead the company’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large, multi-location customers. Assigned to three to six named customers, the Director of National Accounts is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. Will focus on the key account headquarters and key buying locations of assigned accounts, while coordinating closely with field associates assigned to these customers’ other locations and with the Global Account Manager for locations outside of the US.
- Establish crucial relationships in assigned accounts including decision makers and advocates
- Define a three year road-map for each assigned account to establish a dominant position within each account
- Define for management with precision and clarity the organizational requirements to build each account
- Coordinate the involvement of engineering, operations, service and management to meet the objectives in each account
- Exceed sales objectives for each account with a primary focus on revenue
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- A self-starter who recognizes that building the business will require a high level of individual contribution to day to day tasks
- Aggressive but thoughtful and capable of developing and articulating a clear strategic plan and comfortable putting the plan in writing
- A customer advocate who is capable of cross functioning operating across the organization in meeting customer’s needs
- Has a natural grasp of situational leadership, with a strong sense of knowing when to lead
- Personally motivated and driven to expand rapidly into accounts and establish a significant business for Plug Power
- Thinks big about building in-depth relationships with customers
- A minimum of a BS degree
- 3 -10 years of national account experience selling industrial products including hardware and services
- Has been a significant sales contributor in a company experiencing hyper-growth
- A history of opening new accounts and achieving aggressive sales quotas
- Experience creating new markets or bringing disruptive technologies to an existing market is a plus
Plug Power, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.