Permanent General Companies, Inc., also known as “The General” is a leading non-standard auto insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for National Agency Sales Agent (NASA) . We offer an employee-friendly and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
Permanent General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
Reporting to the Manager of Retail Sales, the National Agency Sales Agent will be responsible for creating an exceptional customer experience in the course of quoting, advising and selling Progressive Insurance in a way that supports both Permanent General’s and Progressive’s brand images. Other essential job responsibilities will include:
- Selling and quoting auto and special lines insurance to new customers who respond to The General national ads in Permanent General’s non-served geographies.
- Selling and quoting special lines insurance to customers in Permanent General’s existing states.
- Delivering prompt, focused, expert, thorough and courteous phone experiences to customers.
- Verifying accuracy of information provided by potential insureds regarding insurance and driving history by fully utilizing online tools to provide pertinent information prior to submitting the policy application for processing.
- Determining customer needs and educating customers regarding coverage, payment and closing options.
- Completing sales by collecting premium payments and processing in accord with standard procedure.
- Participating in sales meetings, seminars, contests and training activities to drive sales and stay current with market trends, regulations, products, underwriting guidelines and rate revisions.
- Opening, maintaining and closing office in accord with standard office operating procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least six months to one year auto insurance sales or customer service experience.
- Property and Casualty License is required.
- Proficiency with web-based applications along with excellent navigation skills are required.
- The ability to accept and implement feedback along with the ability to adapt well to change.
- The ability and willingness to contribute thoughtful ideas and suggestions for process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed; excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Requires the ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), along with averages and percentages.