National Director of Tennis-CHA01865
Life Time Fitness is The Healthy Way of Life Company. We strive to help organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to evolve, brand, and execute the Life Time Fitness Tennis program strategy. This is an amazing opportunity to turn your strong business acumen and passion for tennis into a lucrative career!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Operationalize the Life Time Tennis brand strategy across all Life Time Tennis clubs and website
- Partner with Marketing department to lead Life Time Tennis marketing and promotion, national pricing, market research and competitive analysis
- Recruit, interview, and train corporate support staff if necessary and manage existing team. Current staff includes two corporate team members and in-club Tennis Department Heads.
- Provide effective performance evaluations and staff recognition programs and awards
- Coach and counsel staff as needed
- Make recommendations on hiring, promotions and terminations of staff, take appropriate action subject to the review and approval of the Sr. Vice President
- Partner with Life Time University and HR on national recruiting strategy, training, certification, and compensation planning
- Build key partnerships and business development opportunities
- Expand and refine Tennis Programs to drive membership and connect with both parents and kids
- Manage the development, implementation and ongoing execution of new and existing programs to increase member engagement and Junior membership
- Direct business planning and development for new and established programs as well as research and design for all new Life Time Tennis programs
- Oversee department operating procedures and national P&L management
- Analyze business performance, industry trends, and buzz creation
- Direct activities, programming and child center, service model and new member flow definition
- Manage financial performance of the Tennis department including revenue and expense management for Life Time Tennis programming and departmental operating expenses
- Act as business owner for activities, programming, system development and standardization (business tools, software, reporting)
- Partner with Operations Analyst to develop annual budget for Life Time Tennis programming
Our ideal candidate is:
- High Energy with a strong understanding of & passion for Tennis
- Able to work semi-autonomously
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
- Able to communicate with, present to, and influence all levels of the organization
- An effective Project Manager
- Bold yet Tactical
7-10 years of related experience
USPTA Pro 1 rating and NTRP rating of 4.5+ preferred
An educational background in Business
Financial Management experience (including P&L and budgets of $20M+)
Multi-Location Service Management experience
A track record of driving brand or category growth and development
Superior communication, interpersonal, customer service, and relationship building skills
A demonstrated understanding of how to engage kids and adults in the game of Tennis
This unique individual will receive a highly competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefits package that includes a free family membership to Life Time Fitness.
The position is based out of our Corporate headquarters in Chanhassen, MN.
Please visit www.jobs.lifetimefitness.com for more information about Life Time Fitness.
Primary Location: : MN-Chanhassen - COR - Corporate
Shift: Day Job
Life Time Fitness - 22 months ago