Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
We are looking for a National Field Claims Adjuster based the Houston, TX metro market. In the National Field Claims Adjuster role ( www.assurantspecialtyproperty.com/fsa ), you will be responsible for the on-site, in the field investigations of residential property claims within your assigned region and for assigned CAT events, nationally.
In the National Field Claims Adjuster role, your primary responsibilities will be to:
The National Field Adjuster Position Offers: work from home, company car, laptop, and cell phone subsidy.
- Plan, conduct and document, in-field, on-site residential property investigations to determine the cause of loss and determine and explain policy coverage
- Obtain reports, appraisals and statements from witnesses
- Prepare estimates
- Collect and evaluate data and information by interviewing and determining the credibility of persons associated in any way with the case, and secure written statements and copies of policy as claim records
- Negotiate the accurate and appropriate scope and cost of repairs with contractors, insured's, claimants, and third party administrators
- Travel within your region and nationally which will require overnight stays
- First Responder to catastrophes and other temporary assignments that may be outside of your territory - such assignments may be made with short notice and last for an indefinite period
- At times, you will be working in vacant/foreclosed homes, sometimes located in undesirable neighborhoods; while performing the duties of this job, you will frequently be required to stand, walk, climb, balance upon, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl over and across uneven surfaces and may need to climb or crawl into confined spaces such as an attic or crawlspace and climb to heights of ten to twenty feet using a ladder
The qualified Candidate will have the above experience & the below qualifications:
If you have developed the above experience and qualifications, we are looking forward to speaking with you! Please apply to the position, today!
- Minimum of 5+ years of in-the-field, on-site residential (dwelling/mobile home) property claims adjusting experience covering all steps in the process from initiation of the claim to settlement
- 2+ years of catastrophe (CAT) events field adjusting
- Available and willing to travel of up to 75%, which equates to three weeks each month
- Must have a current Insurance Adjustor license for home state (if required by state)
- Demonstrated experience with an estimator software; Xactimate or SimSol a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and moderate to complex negotiation skills
- PC literate with functional skills in word-processing software applications and residential estimating systems
- Current Drivers License and insurance, with a good driving record required
- Acceptable credit, background/drug, motor vehicle record checks
- Ability to meet the physical requirements described above and to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- College degree & Construction experience is desired
- The ideal candidate will need to reside within a 50 mile radius of Houston, TX metro area
Assurant offers comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees, which includes: medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k with profit sharing, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about working at Assurant, our culture & people, and other career opportunities, please visit: http://jobs.assurant.com/
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 32297
Assurant - 22 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...