This full-time position will be based in our White Plains, NY office until the organization relocates part of its operations to Lake Nona, Florida in late 2016. Relocation is not guaranteed. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast- paced, growing organization, and recognized as the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States.
Manage, promote and market the USTA Jr. Team Tennis league and assist with locally branded JTT programs. Increase tennis participation and USTA Membership. Duties include but not limited to:
· Serve as an advisor/resource for staff at the section level which includes communicating and training on a regular basis.
· Supervise the awarding of grants to communities for the development of USTA Jr. Team Tennis: provide training to grant recipients; monitor ongoing activity and assessing performance at year-end
· Participate actively as part of the team of staff and volunteers working in community tennis and assume a leadership role in specific projects as assigned
· Assume overall responsibility for the daily operations of USTA Jr. Team Tennis, including administration and interpretation of regulations, preparation of resource materials, web content, marketing, coaches/parent training and compliance with Safe Play.
· Assume overall responsibility for USTA Jr. Team Tennis National Championships including lead site-selection, negotiate contracts, hire vendors, manage contracts, verify eligibility, schedule staff, coordinate: tennis facilities, lodging, meals, transportation, promotion materials, gifts, extracurricular activities, speakers, travel, and awards program
· Help prepare and administer the budget for USTA Jr. Team Tennis.
· Staff member for the USTA Jr. Team Tennis National Committee.
· Fulfill assigned role at USTA events, conferences and workshops.
· Assume overall direction and delivery of all new TennisLink Team Tennis enhancements working cross-collaboratively with Active; develop future roadmap for TennisLink Team Tennis online solution
· College degree required (Masters preferred)
· Tennis playing ability and teaching background
· Certified tennis professional (USPTA and/or PTR) highly preferred
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Experienced presenter/outreach to community groups
· Demonstrated ability in analysis, planning, coordination, promotions and data management
· Computer literate
United States Tennis Association - 8 months ago