National Media Liaison
Operation Blessing – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to relieving human suffering. OBI combats hunger, deprivation and physical affliction with the provision of food, clothing, shelter, medical care and other basic necessities of life. We also help facilitate the development of healthy, vibrant and self-sustaining communities by addressing larger issues of education, food security, potable water, employment, community health, and disaster mitigation projects.
OBI's Disaster Relief team specializes in responding to natural disasters and mobilizing teams to assist with major relief and recovery efforts in response to earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis and floods.
We are currently seeking an experienced National Media Liaison to capture footage (video & stills) of disaster relief efforts in real time. Find, shoot, edit and help produce stories and testimonials to be used for a variety of media sources.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Please include a video resume by DVD or provide an internet link.
- Knowledge in television production, print journalism, communications media and/or public relations experience
- Professional video experience including shooting, lighting, editing, and media formatting/conversion for web and television broadcast.
- Technical experience with remote LIVE broadcast using Skype.
- Proficiency with professional camera (Sony EX3 & Canon 5D) and audio operation for broadcast.
- Proficient in non-linear editing with Final Cut Pro editing system and experience with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe CS5, preferred.
- Technical experience with MPEG Streamclip, Picasa, and DSLR video production
- Ability to perform audio editing and mixing tasks
- Strong working knowledge of writing feature stories
- Experience and proficiency with still photography
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to interact with staff and public in a positive manner
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to travel and stay in the field for extended periods of time during disaster deployments
- Available to work flexible hours and travel on short notice
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record