Screen and evaluate donor referrals with Recovery Partner staff to ensure potential donors meet MTF criteria as established by the Medical Board of Trustees. Provide ongoing education and information support to the Recovery
Partner screeners and staff. Must be flexible in scheduling on call responsibilities and track related data, requests for tissue recovery by Partner agreement as well as special tissue grafts. Assist Technical Operations staff with screening and donor data information. Perform technical and educational project assignments. Provide value-added services to MTF Recovery Partners and internal MTF personnel.
1. Provide on call donor screening and authorization for tissue recovery as scheduled, including holiday
and weekend rotations per established NOCC group procedures.
2. Thoroughly assess each potential donor referral presented based on MTF screening criteria utilizing the
Technical Manual, NOCC Administrator on Call (AOC), and MTF Medical Director assistance in the
evaluation process. Authorize tissue recovery when appropriate; if not acceptable, explain rationale clearly to
3. Complete and submit required documentation for each donor case and enter required information into the
donor recovery information database (e.g., DORA) by the end of the shift.
4. Review, organize, and maintain the most current information and procedures regarding donor screening.
5. Communicate problems, issues, and unique situations in a timely manner to the NOCC AOC, Director Donor
Screening, and Vice President, Technical Operations (when appropriate) for follow up action.
6. Act as the donor screening liaison to the Regional Directors (RDs), Education Directors (EDs), Technical
Operations staff, identified MTF departments/groups, and Recovery Partners for quality improvement issues.
7. Investigate and provide requested donor screening information for identified donor cases as directed by the
Director, Donor Screening/designee including review of recorded screening calls when needed.
8. Attend monthly NOCC meetings proactively participating in all reviews and discussions of guidelines and
procedures; attend and participate in additional screening and suitability criteria meetings as directed.
9. Develop goals and associated metrics to monitor progress and effectively accomplish providing summary
report to the Director, Donor Screening in accordance with established department schedule and procedures.
10. Participate in routine NOCC projects and activities as assigned.
11. Generate required donor and screening information reports and distribute to established MTF personnel
(includes summary information regarding authorized, deferred, and aborted cases).
12. Support and participate in Recovery Partner initiatives (e.g., Partner specific deferral review) as assigned and
13. Follow procedures and guidelines as established by the Director, Donor Screening and NOCC group to ensure
smooth internal operations
14. Participate in research projects with the Medical Director(s) as assigned by the Director, Donor Screening.
2. Minimum four years critical care experience (or equivalent specialty experience).
3. CTBS certification required within first full year; maintenance of certification required
4. Strong communications skills.
5. Good independent judgment.
6. Organized, friendly, persistent, creative, detail oriented.
7. Must be computer literate.
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard