Ensure compliance of national pay, tax and legal regulations. Assist in processing payroll, auditing, running reports and completing analysis.
A successful applicant will be an incredibly proactive, change resilient adviser on pay processes and practices for every state we operate in. This person will also be able to run payroll and employ appropriate audit processes to ensure accuracy. This position is a key member of our compliance team and will work collaboratively to ensure we are making the right decisions in a culturally aligned manner.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
Payroll Administration and Auditing
- Ensure we are complying with federal and state labor, pay and tax regulations
- Set up new states for business
- Ensure we are in compliance with any pay/benefit level regulations (401(k), ESOP, Flex etc.)
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Assist in payroll administration and audit each payroll to ensure accuracy
- Thoroughly know our payroll systems including payroll, timeclock, manager’s portal and overtime calculators
- Audit payroll records to 401k, ESOP and benefits as necessary to ensure records are consistent and reporting is accurate between systems including any W-2 reporting requirements
- Assist in tax and payroll administration of TFBs including relocation benefits
- A minimum of 3 years experience with California payroll administration
- A minimum of 5 years experience running payroll on a national level with more than 15 states.
- CPP – Certified Payroll Administrator
- Previous experience with multiple payroll and payroll reporting vendors
- Strong written and communication skills with a collaborative, fun and empowering style