This position plays a critical role in the development of proposals within United Healthcare on the National Proposal Services team. As a member of the Business Development team, this individual will be accountable for independently leading the end-to-end project management process for the department's most highly visible, strategic, and complex proposals, in collaboration with other National Proposal Service staff and United Healthcare personnel.
The BDC serves as the focal point of the proposal process, serving as the main contact and source of information for the sales team, network team, finance, and the National Proposal Service writers, Quality Reviewers, and management.
This individual will also be expected to provide input on departmental processes and procedures, organizational navigation, product operations, and strategic direction and feedback.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a self-directed and often unsupervised manner within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and complex environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to manage simultaneous projects with competing demands, are essential.
- Process all aspects of case intake including: manipulation and refinement of census data; preparation of Network Match reports; management of all ATLAS-related functions including case submission, sending to Rating and Underwriting; creation/Population of Proposal Request Form (PRF).
- Coordinate and lead strategy calls with appropriate participants necessary to identify customer specific issues, nonstandard escalations and focus proposal team resources effectively.
- Handle processing of all non-standard plan provisions and benefit design requests by submitting to BAR.
- Assist in plan design strategy and create benefit summaries or deviations documents outlining proposed benefits while positioning any deviations in a favorable manner.
- Coordinate all Network Analysis requests associated with RFPs and follow up requests including requests for GeoAccess reports, disruption reports, provider counts, and claim repricing exhibits if applicable.
Collaborate with Underwriting to complete financial questions and exhibits for inclusion into final product.
- Consult with Proposal Writer on questionnaire responses, ensuring that the appropriate language and terminology is utilized for the specific customer type. Review final questionnaire for accuracy and customizes with market and customer specific information and sales edits.
- Assist AE/SAE with follow-up work and/or finalist presentation support as needed.
- Coordinate with sister companies and business units within United Health Group, as appropriate, to ensure strategic alignment (e.g., Specialty Benefits, Optum Health)
- Maintain flexibility and adjust role on project as necessary to meet the needs of the proposal, helping out where necessary based on the needs of the team, timeline, complexity, and visibility of the project.
United Healthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make United Health Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. When you work with United Healthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at United Healthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
- Demonstrated successful organizational and project management skills; knowledge and ability to understand systems necessary to support complex project management
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to practice strong organizational skills when faced with multiple, time-sensitive priorities
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced corporate environment
- High degree of comfort leading and speaking in large meetings with high-level personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal guidance and proactively seek guidance on very complex tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel (Pivot Tables), and PowerPoint
- Strong problem resolution, analytical, research and negotiation skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing large, complex projects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing and/or managing proposals within a healthcare environment
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, healthcare or related field required, Master's Degree strongly preferred
Experience w/Medicare and/or Retiree products and plans
RFP, presale, implementation, sales or account management experience
UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
UnitedHealth Group - 12 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...