Responsible for developing new and profitable revenue for Valpak and Cox Target Media for Direct Response, Retail and Advertisers at a national level. Establishes and fosters working relationships with key decision makers while building on the strategic and execution strengths our products offer. Our product portfolio provides strategic solutions in Solo and Shared Mail, Internet and Mobile.
1. Prospects a minimum of 20 hours per week on telephone cold-calling to define and identify a qualified list of prospects. Establishes relationships to reach key decision makers in companies that are aligned with our products and services.
2. Works with identified key decision makers to understand their initiatives in developing integrated marketing solutions and matching our product portfolio to their needs.
3. Consults, develops, and presents client-specific marketing plans for execution. Creates and delivers powerful and persuasive presentation to key decision makers utilizing the entire Valpak/Cox Target Media portfolio of products to provide integrated marketing solutions.
4. Conducts face-to-face presentations, asking for the business and closing defined selling opportunities to drive revenue and hit overall business revenue targets. Leads in the development of client contract negotiations through the close or renewal of business.
5. Creates and managers Prospect/Client database and creates and manages Sales/Revenue Forecast with a high degree of accuracy. Must adhere to and exceed pricing/profitability guidelines as established by management.
6. Position requires up to 30% travel.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
Well-developed technological skills (PC, Internet, MS Office, CRM, Mobile)
Able to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency
Demonstrated experience in Forecasting and Sales Reporting
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; Minimum 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Minimum 1 year of demonstrated success selling to/buying for Direct Marketing, Direct Response, or Print Media clients required. Minimum 1 year of demonstrated knowledge of media/advertising agency business required, with established contacts in the Direct Marketing, Direct Response and Print/Media business. Demonstrated history and success of contracting and developing client relationships at the Senior (Decision Maker) level or Agency level.
ValPak - 10 months ago