Under general supervision of the Director of National Advertising Sales (DOS), the National Sales Coordinator supports sales efforts for the national sales department working closely with the National Sales Managers, National Traffic Supervisor, Traffic Department, rep firms (such as NCC Media) and external customers. The position includes project work which requires the ability for independent task work. Duties include research, promotions, creation of sales presentations and proposals, marketing functions, and understanding of the political advertising process. This person is responsible for tracking invoicing, researching payments discrepancies by national clients.
• Create quality sales presentations and proposals.
• Create sales orders, review for accuracy, checking for available inventory, clearing make-good spots, balance sales with revenue tracking, process continuity changes, review invoicing and insure the accuracy of overall order completion.
• Take responsibility to solve internal/external customers’ problems.
• Seek information to understand customers’ needs and develop appropriate solutions.
• Adjust schedule based on priority situations that occur during the week.
• Contact others in the organization to ensure the timely completion of related projects.
• Strategize with DOS and NSMs to help develop programs and ideas which increase and generate national revenue.
• Update and maintain internal and external databases. Insure that NCC Media’s web based databases are current and up to date. Examples include EMK, Cabletrack, Adam rate cards, packages, etc.
• Provide quality internal and external customer service supporting the company’s values.
• Provide qualitative information that targets various market segments and retail categories to support Suddenlink Media’s inclusion in national media plans.
• Obtain sourced research, retail product information and other various demographic and psychographic research for inclusion in NSMs’ proposals and client presentations for use in strategically guiding the business.
• Determine format and appropriate data to be included in presentations while maintaining proper corporate standard
• Adapt corporate and network turn-key presentations to market-specific clientele
• Coordinate network promotions as well as local and corporate-sponsored sales promotions, including the dissemination of promotion materials, managing sponsor involvement, creative production, budgeting and sales reporting as need.
• Coordinate with the DOS to maintain good relations with Suddenlink affiliate sales MSOs and provide data and other information as needed.
• Establish and maintain relationships with network affiliate representatives and primary vendors. Maintain database of current MSO Affiliate representatives and current and up to date promotions for possible use by corporate, local or national sales.
• Compile wrap up reports on promotions, special projects and daily operations.
• Monitor all of Suddenlink’s political business. Maintain master political files for Suddenlink local markets and ensures, to the best of their ability, the field is keeping local files in compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Trained on the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, traffic and billing, sales tracking and other related software.
• General understanding of advertising and marketing research principles.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Strong people and relationship management skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership and initiative to handle customer calls.
• Ability to read terminals, manuals and reports.
• Hear and speak well enough to converse on the telephone and with customers.
• Must have current driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively
• Strong people and relationship management skills
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
• Minimum two years experience working in an advertising (preferred) and/or customer service environment.
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
Suddenlink - 8 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...