We have an immediate and exciting leadership opportunity in our Manhattan office for an experienced, driven, entrepreneurial National Director of Sales, Mortgage and Media for our Mortgage Business, Trulia’s top business unit. In this role you will set the strategy, directly drive Mortgage sales revenue, as well as lead a team of sellers managing our banking customers. This role reports directly to the National VP, Media Sales.
- Build, manage, and motivate a seasoned team of sales managers and associates to meet and exceed sales goals
- Work closely with Trulia’s Executive team to develop sales plans, establish revenue goals, and manage overall mortgage media sales efforts for Trulia.com
- Manage sales strategy to fill inventory, as well as create new sales initiatives and incentives to provide a constant stream of potential new clients and new opportunities for existing clients
- Monitor sales activity and guide team’s sales efforts to identify new opportunities, maximize existing client relationships, and meet our Mortgage growth and profit goals
- Work closely with Marketing and Mortgage Product teams to ensure our Mortgage ad products are scaling and delivering value to our customers
- Initiate and/or participate in high-level client sales meetings and presentations to aggressively and strategically move the sales process towards agreement in a timely, effective manner
- 5+ years online finance/mortgage/media/advertising sales and/or business development
- 2+ years experience managing a direct sales or similar business development team of at least 3 direct reports
- Proven ability to identify, initiate, and close sales opportunities (deal maker, with scrappy ethical approach to building revenue)
- Intimate knowledge of online lead-generation and DR tactics
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of online advertising with regards to positioning and technology, especially for the mortgage vertical
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in clear, consumer -oriented language
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30% of the time
Trulia’s close-knit teams of energized & happy brainiacs creatively help people make smarter real estate decisions. This is an...