Natural Gas Liquids Analyst - BENTEK Energy Market Information Products
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company in a rapidly growing market. BENTEK is a team of highly motivated professionals delivering mission-critical information and decision tools to the energy industry. Although the company was founded over twenty years ago, we entered a new high-growth market segment about five years ago. Since then, we have experienced triple digit increases in revenue and are now significantly expanding our product line and client outreach efforts. We need an enthusiastic, creative and motivated individual to join our Houston or Denver-based team.
As a member of our Analytics Team, this individual will have the responsibility for analyzing various energy markets including those for natural gas, natural gas liquids, and oil, with a primary focus on natural gas liquids. Also, this individual will be responsible for effective communication of market developments with BENTEK's existing customer base, support for the introduction of new products, troubleshooting problems and providing solutions to customer inquiries. This individual will handle data management, research and analysis, inbound service calls, and outbound support calls. The right candidate must be outgoing, flexible, able to work well on a team, and dedicated in order to work in our fast paced environment. This person will actively learn, comprehend and disseminate information to team members regarding the underlying economic drivers of the North American Oil and Natural Gas industries as well as those for other energy markets.
- Maintain current knowledge, insight and understanding regarding past, current and future market trends relative to pricing of natural gas liquids (NGLs) and related products.
- Identify and analyze emerging supply, demand and storage dynamics and the corresponding price implications for individual NGLs and related products across various regions.
- Provide expertise and response to requests for information from senior management, regulators, customers and other team members related to natural gas liquids and associated issues.
- Innovate, develop, and launch new natural gas liquid related products as well as work with Platts teams to jointly integrate and develop products including the aid in product development and identification of market opportunities utilizing market intelligence.
- Develop, improve, and maintain forecasts for natural gas liquids in North America
- Support North American NGL related consulting projects
- Support BENTEK reports and services (i.e. Supply/Demand, Market Call, etc.)
- Provide market updates to clients and speak at conferences and other speaking engagements
- Develop and maintain models such that its supports BENTEK’s NGL databases and forecasts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or related field of study.
- 3-5 years previous experience in natural gas, NGL, or Oil industry on supply, demand, storage, tariffs, contracts and pricing.
- Excel expert and proficient in other Microsoft Office Products (Word and PowerPoint).
- SQL, Matlab, and Visual Basic experience required.
- Solid technical background and ability to work with large datasets. Capable of defining technical needs, communicating issues to IT and working closely with IT to improve the quality and accuracy of the data systems.
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals
Aptitude for mathematical computations
Interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts and research methods.
- Business acumen – working knowledge of NGL industry business management and operating/accounting principles.
- Strong individual contributor with consultative style and aptitude for collaboration and teamwork. Skilled at working across multi-disciplinary functions and departments.
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze complex written material, speak and write clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
- Substantial responsibility in the compilation, analysis, interpretation and reporting of data.
- Ability to design new procedures, products and strategies in the analysis of NGL price drivers.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working under time pressure and to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently or in collaborative groups to determine objectives, provide recommendations and develop conclusions.
- Maintain cooperative working relations with co-workers, customers and market representatives.
- Result Orientation – proactive problem-solving ability with a solutions-oriented attitude. Focus on results with an ability to manage frequently changing priorities in a professional and production manner.
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
BENTEK, a division of Platts, is an energy market information, analysis and decision tools company based in Denver, Colorado with offices in New York and Houston. The firm provides data, analytical tools, research, market advice and strategy recommendations focused on the energy markets including natural gas, NGLs, and crude oil. Our flagship products are Energy Market Fundamental reports and the Benport Data Warehouse, an information service and set of associated technologies used by participants in the North American natural gas market.
The future of energy is in your hands. At Platts, the world's leading energy information provider, traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders will depend on you to help them make better trading and investment decisions in the all-important energy markets. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts. We have a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a "business casual" culture. Platts is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial - 11 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....