The contractor will perform the following tasks in support of NSW Operational Test and Evaluation:
1) Provide expertise in developing, supporting and employing manned submersibles in support of naval special warfare operations.
2) Assist in developing operational scenarios based on operational user representatives and lessons-learned during Developmental Tests/Integrated Tests and from NAVSPECWARCOM operational concepts.
3) Assist in collected and analyzing Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) data from each early operational assessment (EOA).
4) Participate in working groups and project reviews.
5) Assist in site surveys of operational testing sites and provide input on feasibility of sites for operationally realistic testing.
6) Provide operational input in the development of test-related documentation such as Requirements Correlation Matrix/Requirements Validation Matrix (RCM/RVM), Operational Mode Summary/Mission Profile (OMS/MP), Mission Design Reference, and Failure Definition/Scoring Criteria.
The contractor will perform the following tasks in support of NSW Technical Test and Evaluation:
1) Provide technical assistance during the commercial submersible certification and builder's trials for Naval Special Warfare application.
2) Assist in the review of contractor-conducted verification test plans to determine quality and applicability and utility of collected data in determining suitability for Government use.
3) Assist in identifying safety issues during EOA plans in coordination with the UOES System Safety Program Plans.
4) Provide technical assistance during Government Acceptance Trials and DT/IT on vendor's adherence to test plan and identify any submersible platform issues observed during these tests.
5) Provide technical input in the development of test-related documentation such as Requirements Correlation Matrix/Requirements Validation Matrix (RCM/RVM), Operational Mode Summary/Mission Profile (OMS/MP), Mission Design Reference, and Failure Definition/Scoring Criteria.
- Experience as a qualified U.S. Navy "Scuba" Diver
- Experience operating U.S. Navy or equivalent manned submersibles/SUVs
- Experience supporting or conducting Lock In/Lock Out (LI/LO) operations via U.S. Navy or equivalent submersible
- Experience with associated U.S. or equivalent submersibles subsystems to include sonars, communications, life support, and electrical systems
- Experience with originating, implementing, and conducting test procedures for the safe employment of U.S. or equivalent submersibles
- Experience with maintenance and associated Objective Quality Evidence or Quality Assurance procedures WRT submersibles, submarines, or small surface craft
- Experience in managing surface support craft and related safety measure regarding manned surface and subsurface operations
- Current civilian diver certification
- Qualifications using or managing the use of specific equipment associated with U.S. Navy or equivalent submersibles (battery charging, 02 Air Charging, etc.)
Operational test & evaluation experience within the NSW community strongly desired.